Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Yarns

Hi All!

Don't you just love getting packages in the mail?   Today I got one from my distributor and guess what,  new yarns.....I love yarn....mmmmmmm.....yup...luv it!

Now I have to find the perfect project to go along with each yarn and that is what usually takes me more time than just picking the yarn, or even the colors.   Color doesn't usually matter to me, I like them all.

I have recently been working out of a book called " Crochet One Skein Wonders", edited by Judith Durant and Edie Eckman, cost is $18.95.  So far, so good.   One of the things I really like about this book, is all the projects take one skein of yarn, or close to it.  They tell you how much you will need ahead of time and all the projects I have worked have been pretty true to what they have asked for.  (as long as I folowed their recommendations for hook size). They also have the projects listed by yarn type,  thread, lace weight, thick, super thick, etc.  This makes it really easy to find a project based on the yarn you have in your hand at this moment and each project is listed under that heading.   I have made a project in each category except the lace weight and that is forth coming.   Made a Mobius Cowl Out of the really thick wool yarn from lion brand and a size N hook.   Followed their directions pretty close and it turned out really nice.  Once I figure out how to put pics on here I will add one.

There are a lot of patterns that I found useful and have bookmarked to go back and do in the future.  Overall, I found thid to be a pretty good resource for patterns, easy to use read.  The ONLY thing that I could ask for is a spiral binding so it lays flat and doesn't close up on me.......but I suppose that is what bookmarks are for.

until next time
TTFN
Karen. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment